How can an author be featured at the Fort Collins Book Fest?
Our Talent Committee invites selected authors to participate as featured presenters in talks, conversations, readings, workshops, and other non-traditional experiences. Writers or their representatives interested in presenting are encouraged to submit an application for consideration.
Priorities: Preference is given to the following:
- Author currently lives in or has previously lived in Colorado or surrounding states
- Book takes place in or has significant ties to Colorado or surrounding states
- Book was released in either hardback or paperback in the year since the previous festival (February of each year). Books must be available for sale as of the day of the presentation to be considered.
- Recognizing the importance of amplifying voices that have historically been underrepresented, we are actively seeking submissions from individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities, including but not limited to Black, Indigenous, and People of Color; LGBTQIA+ individuals; individuals with disabilities/disabled individuals; neurodiverse individuals; writers who express themselves in a language other than English; and those from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Self-published titles will only be considered if they meet the following criteria:
- The title is bound.
- The book has been separately developmentally/structurally edited, copyedited, and proofread by professional, experienced editors.
- The book has been professionally designed.
- The book has, or will have upon publication, an EAN barcode, an ISBN, and has on its copyright page an LCCN number.
- A functional and current author website exists.
Books not considered:
Self-improvement, how-to/instructional books, books primarily for business management and leadership, devotionals, and books solely of academic or religious interest.
Festival Structure: Most festival programs feature several authors. We have a very limited number of single-author presentations or readings. Emcees, interviewers, and moderators will be provided as necessary. We are happy to consider applicant suggestions for interviewers or author pairings; please indicate this on the submission form.